Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 7 of 30 day plant-based challenge

    Today is the end of the first week on the plant-based challenge. Are you curious about my weight loss? How about 7lbs in one week? Not to bad considering I pigged out on Friday and Saturday night. On Tuesday the 10th of June I weighed 174lbs. Today I weighed in at 167lbs. That is 7lbs in a week. I could have easily dropped a couple more if I hadn't overate on high calorie foods and beverages over the weekend. My body fat is still around 12% according to the Omron device.

   Let's look at what I ate yesterday. I ate only fruit yesterday. Pineapple, bananas, oranges, cherries, strawberries, and blackberries. I ate a lot of fruit yesterday but it only came to 1,782 calories. I could have kept it closer to 1,600 if I hadn't eaten dried cherries. They are calorie dense. I had 448 grams of carbohydrates. Holy fruit bats Robin, that is a lot of sugar. But wait, what were my BGLs yesterday? I took 3 readings yesterday. The readings were 84mg/dL, 91mg/dL, and I finished the day with 68mg/dL. Its all about the fiber. I had 49grams of fiber yesterday from whole food sources. Webmd says the the average adult in the USA only consumes about 15 grams of fiber a day. Our ancestors ate about 100 grams a day. Out of the 448 grams of carbohydrates, 313 grams were sugar, but it was from whole fruits. I wasn't juicing fruits and throwing out the fiber.


Picture from Myfitness pal of the food I ate yesterday. Click to enlarge.

    My activity level yesterday was pretty high. I was active for 9hours and 5minutes. I logged in 16,292 steps and burned 2,934 calories. I taught two Primal Fitness classes yesterday morning and participated in one in the evening. Other than that I played with the granddaughters.



I'm not sure the Loop does a good job of recording sleep. I'm going to keep a better eye on it.

   Normally I would wait until tomorrow to tell you about my run today but I'm kind of exciting about using a different app for recording my run. The app also helps me keep track of my HR so I can train in the HR zone I want. I ponied up the $2.99 and upgraded my Digifit icardio app so I could use my H7 HRM with the app. I really like the results. The lady on the app tells me when my HR changes zones. She also calls out my distance and pace. The results have my pace, HR, and elevation together on one graph, which I really like.



   I ran 6.17 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes. My average pace was 10:22. I burned 826 calories. My average HR was 145bpm. It shows the map of where I ran. It has a HR chart on the map. When you click on the HR chart it comes to the forefront.


   And it looks like this. If you move your cursor over the chart it will give you all the details about that particular point in time. It will give you the time, pace, HR, and elevation.



    I really like the graph at the top of this picture. It has HR, pace, and elevation all on one graph. You can also place your cursor on this chart and see a particular moment in time. The bottom two displays are for time spent in each HR zone. I spent most of this run in zone 5. I think their zones are a little low.

    I also wanted to share this run today because it was done after 2 days of an all fruit diet. I ate only melons on Sunday. I ate only fruit yesterday. This morning I taught two Primal Aerobic Kickboxing Classes and completed this run in a fasted state. I was up this morning at 3:45am and finished my run at about 8:30am. I didn't eat until after the run was over.

   Today I'm only eating black beans, salsa, and tortillas. But they are very unique tortillas. Check back tomorrow to find out about the tortillas. I'll also have a tidbit on how cooked food differs from raw food. Will I be below 167lbs tomorrow?

  




No comments:

Post a Comment