Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 2 for 5 cups of Greens

    Yesterday I was able to get my 5 cups of greens. I had a big salad for breakfast and enchiladas espinacas for supper. Along with the enchiladas I had lettuce on my tacos and a small lettuce salad.

This is how I measure out my greens for my salad. I have two cups of spring mix and 2 cups of Dole Classic Romaine mix. Then I put on the fruit and berries.

I love fresh pineapple. A big thanks goes out to the companies that produce pineapple and the workers who work for those companies.

Cookies for lunch? Yes, that is right, I filled up on cookies for lunch. But these were healthy cookies. :-). These are the sweet potato cookies I promised I would share with you today. They turned out really good IMHO. Here's the recipe:

Fruit and sweet potatoe cookie

    1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
    1 cup coconut (shredded)
    1/4 almonds (ground)
    1/2 cup mixed nuts (such as walnuts, pistachios, or peanuts)
    1 cup dried fruit (mixed, such as dates, raisins, or blueberries)
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    ground cloves
    1 1/2 cup of sweet potato
    1/2 unsweeten applesauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract

   

Preparation

 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
 2. In a bowl, add the oats, coconut, almonds, mixed nuts, mixed dried fruits, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and a pinch of cloves. Mix well.
 3. Mash the sweet potato in a separate bowl. Add the applesauce and vanilla and mix well. Pour this mixture into the other bowl and mix until a "dough" forms.
 4. Make small circle shapes with the “dough” by hand and place them on a baking sheet.
 5. Bake the cookies for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.

I also made another batch of the PB + J cookies. Actually, I made a double batch, but these little suckers don't have a chance if I'm around. They are highly addictive.

I had Enchiladas Espinacas at El Charro's last night. That is spinach enchiladas. I also had a couple of beef tacos on the side. So the enchiladas and the lettuce was the finished off my greens for the day.

I was active for almost 9 hours yesterday. I logged 24948 steps and burned 3288 calories. But here's a crazy thing. I was so restless in my sleep that the Loop thought I was active between the hours of 1am and 2:30am. I was in bed between those times. I must have done a lot of tossing and turning.

I ran yesterday and this time everything worked. I ran 6.32 miles in 1 hour and 8 minutes. It guesses that I  burned 893 calories on this run. I ran in zones 4 and 5.

I ran almost an even amount in zones 4 and 5. I hit zone 6 a few times and I had to slow down. That is what  I really like about running with the HRM, but ability to monitor my heart rate and match up my pace.

Ok, so here is the shameless selfie that I've been promising. Yeah, the dog is looking at me like I'm crazy too. Vegetables do a body good.







No comments:

Post a Comment