Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 1 of the 5 cups of greens a day, 30 day challenge

     Yesterday was the start of my new 30 day challenge. I will try to get 5 cups of green leafy vegetables a day. Pretty ambitious I know. I was only able to get in 4 cups yesterday. I ate potatoes for lunch and I didn't get hungry again. I had a protein drink at the end of the evening to bump up my protein intake a bit. I was at 30grams of protein and I wanted to get 60 grams, so I had some whey protein with almond milk.



I ate just a little over 1,700 calories yesterday. I had a few too many carbs in the way of sugars from the fruits. It rained all day yesterday and I was on the computer most of the day.



    Despite it raining all day I still managed to stay fairly active. I had one activity warning. I logged in 14565 steps and burned 2727 calories.

     I'm being more active today and I've already gotten 4 cups of green leafy vegetables in today. But I'm baking cookies again. I've got a new sweet potato cookie baking. I'll post the results and the recipe tomorrow. Ok....first batch is out of the oven and they are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment