I started a thread over at MDA forum yesterday, thread. Some people on the forum are having trouble losing weight or their weight loss has stalled, so I put up a formula to help them. A number of people have added to the thread and this is what I've come up with so far:
Read "The Primal Blueprint" if you haven't already. Read Robb Wolf's "The Paleo Solution". (you can find both these books on my Amazon Store page) Follow a strict Primal/Paleo diet, it will look a lot like the "Whole 30" plan. Follow the exercise plans in the books.
Don't cheat! You will need to forget the idea of unweighted and unmeasured. You need to know where you are at and where you are going.
1. Eat only when you truly feel hungry, three times / day at most. Twice if you can get away with it. Don't snack ever.
2. Fill yourself up (not stuffed, just "full") withPB-approved foods, experiment with dairy & nuts elimination and VLC to find out if those are good approaches for you.
3. take a long brisk walk every chance you get but most especially in the morning. Sprint / Lift Heavy Things when you can to work those hormones & preserve lean tissue.
1. Figure out your caloric needs = BMR + Activity level (calculator is here)
2. Figure your protein needs, 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of desired body weight. (like I want to weigh 175)
3. Eat 100 grams of carbs or less.
4. Fats will make up the rest of your calories.
5. Figure at what rate you want to lose weight (3,600 calorie = 1lbs of body weight) / (time frame, like 1 week) you can only cut carbs or fats, do not cut protein. Play with the ratio of carbs and fats until you find a point where you feel the best.
Losing weight on the Primal Diet should be effortless, but sometimes people have trouble and this is my solution. I may modify or added to this in the future.