Monday, November 25, 2013

Tulsa Route 66 Marathon

A last minute opportunity happened on Saturday and I was able to run the Half-Marathon this weekend. It was my first half-marathon. Its also the longest distance I have ever run non-stop. Here's my times and medal.





My battery was low at the 8 mile mark so I shut down Runkeeper at that time.
      It was really cold on race day. 24 degrees to be exact. We got luck though because the weather had predicted much worse weather earlier in the week. The race was a lot of fun. I heard that there was 13,000 runners.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine trying to compete in a 1/2 marathon with short notice! You are an animal dude.. I would need weeks to properly prepare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jefferson, I wouldn't recommend someone just go out and do a half marathon either. I run at least once a week and have been running for a while. I'm also a coach in Ben Greenfield's Superhuman Coach network. Ben is a triathlete and coach. One of his specialties is minimalist training. I just ran another half marathon on trials this weekend, details will be posted soon.

      http://www.bengreenfieldfitness.com/
      http://superhumancoach.com/

      Delete